• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Support for Botic Linux driver

mikelangeloz, I've discovered another problem with the 2nd image. It does not boot. There is missing codepage module in the initrd image. I created a pull request with a fix.

It is strange, that previously it was booting but not now.

Please regenerate image again. Thanks! :)

EDIT: I see why - in the previous kernel the iso8859-1 was compiled in, now it is a module. Sorry.

Last edited:
mikelangeloz, I've discovered another problem with the 2nd image. It does not boot. There is missing codepage module in the initrd image. I created a pull request with a fix.

It is strange, that previously it was booting but not now.

Please regenerate image again. Thanks! :)

EDIT: I see why - in the previous kernel the iso8859-1 was compiled in, now it is a module. Sorry.

Sure, I'll start another build now and post the link when its done!

Joined 2004
Paid Member
.. a little help please

Hi,
I'd like to try this Volumio'd Botic version. But first I'd like to back up the Botic v5 that's currently on the BBB to a San Disk so I could get back to square one.

How do I accomplish a backup? I can see the eyes rolling. I set up v5 last year and I've forgotten a lot of the technical stuff.

Thanks

MyXEL: have you been using botic kernel with I2S DAC before? has it been working before? the configuration parameters for kernel in Volumio are same as were for Botic kernel .. you need to provide more info to support you

ichiban: if possible use a new microSD card. if not possible then make an backup image of the SD card ... use any appropriate software for that

Hi,
I am considering trying new Volumio 2.
Earlier, however, I would like to ask whether Volumio support user defined PCM devices.
I use 'botic-split' PCM device defined in asound.conf file:
Code:
pcm.botic-split {

type route;
    slave.pcm "hw:0,0";
    slave.channels 4;
    ttable.1.0 1;
    ttable.0.1 1;
    ttable.1.2 1;
    ttable.0.3 1;

}

ctl.botic-split {

type hw;
    card 0;

}
and currently I can select it as output device for my squeezelite player.
Will I be able to select 'botic-split' as default device in Volumio2?
TIA