• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Looking for Voss-Ellis article

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I am looking for the Voss-Ellis amplifier with triode connected 6CA7/EL34 tubes article and schematic:

Voss, R. M. & Ellis, R. “A New Triode Amplifier,” Audio, pp. 22-23, 35, 1964 July

I would appreciate a link or, better, a pdf file if possible.
Thank you.

Regards,
Hugo

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
You have a proper reference that you can take to your library for them to get. I really would encourage you to do this; libraries and their associated services are a case of "Use it or lose it."

(I've just put in a request for a German reference from 1920.)

EC8010 said:
You have a proper reference that you can take to your library for them to get. I really would encourage you to do this; libraries and their associated services are a case of "Use it or lose it."

(I've just put in a request for a German reference from 1920.)

I'm not so drastic. I like paper prints, but searching for Audio '50 and '60 papers, at least in Italian public and university libraries is a big, improductive, effort.

Libraries have to change their organizartion, to match the current technologies and people needs. It is really better take the car, running some 10-15 Km wasting energy, gasoline, toner, paper, time insted to call a library and pay for example 5$ to have the pdf copy of the wantet paper via e-mail?
The money can be used to restore old book, to improve catalog, services and so on.

I'd also like to have a pdf copy of the mentioned paper.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
You're making the assumption that your library has what you want in stock. I'm assuming that my local library will have to contact the British Library and ask them to copy something that only they have. Or even that the British Library might need to contact another library. Yes, an email with pdf file is convenient, but remember that each one started as a paper copy in a real library.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.