• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Musical fidelity Nu-Vista

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I seek infos on the diagrams used by Musical fidelity for their Nu-Vista series

Unless you write Musical Fidelity and tell them you own one and you need a schematic, it is difficult to get that information. Manufacturers are generally loathe to give out information on their circuitry, not necessarily to protect their design, but to hide its simplicity. I am speaking of tube amps where there is nothing really new.

John

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
Musical Fidelity have a policy of not giving out diagrams even if you can prove you own the equipment in question. I once had a Digilog (DAC), so I traced out the diagram and found it to be a hotch-potch of semiconductor manufacturer's application notes - no wonder they didn't want anyone seeing what they'd done! You can do the same, open it up, and use the web to find data sheets for each IC, valve, and transistor, then trace out the diagram.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
Students!

I take your point - after all, the semiconductor manufacturer knows best how to use their device. On the other hand, their application notes (of necessity) are general purpose, and not optimised for a particular application. I would expect (and demand) rather greater optimisation and originality from a professional manufacturer than I would expect from a final year project student.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.