• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Help needed Elekit 8200r

I ordered an 8200r kit off of Ebay last week, and started looking for information on the build, so as to get prepared. I couldn't find any schematics, and realized that I might be getting a "Japanese Only" manual with the kit. Having made this discovery about a week after the order, I think it may have shipped, and I'm afraid that I may not have any readable instructions. I contacted the seller, and they said they would get back to me on whether they could get an English translation, but I haven't gotten an answer. I am in a small town in western CO, and I don't think there are any Japanese speakers here to help me translate. Does anyone know where I can get an English manual, or just the schematic? I am a retired EE, and know how to solder, so the schematic would be good enough for me to assemble the kit, though the instructions wouldn't hurt as well. Thanks in advance!

Still see no msg. (see attached screenshot of my inbox). As a new user, I may be looking in the wrong place, tho.

Attachments

• Msg Screen Shot .png
    Msg Screen Shot .png
    502.3 KB · Views: 53
Hi Vintage Engineer:

This is the manual I was going to send you.

If you ordered your kit from Japan, chances are the the power transformer primary voltage is 100V not 120.

Good Luck!

I thought you could not attach a pdf file to a private message! How do you do that?

Art

Last edited:
I ordered an 8200r kit off of Ebay last week, and started looking for information on the build, so as to get prepared. I couldn't find any schematics, and realized that I might be getting a "Japanese Only" manual with the kit. Having made this discovery about a week after the order, I think it may have shipped, and I'm afraid that I may not have any readable instructions. I contacted the seller, and they said they would get back to me on whether they could get an English translation, but I haven't gotten an answer. I am in a small town in western CO, and I don't think there are any Japanese speakers here to help me translate. Does anyone know where I can get an English manual, or just the schematic? I am a retired EE, and know how to solder, so the schematic would be good enough for me to assemble the kit, though the instructions wouldn't hurt as well. Thanks in advance!
You might want to contact seller and see if you can get the 120 volt primary mains transformer, all the kits on eBay that I found are 100 volt primary.