• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Great high v caps

I just scored some great 600v 75uf poly caps for a power supply I’m building. They were only $4 each at Apexjr. I’m not affiliated but just had to share because we can all use good high voltage ps caps. Only thing is they have short leads but really who cares at four bucks?

Last edited:
Picture of the caps for scale

Attachments

• 4EEA0F73-2CEF-4386-AA8B-DCB694A52A3E.jpg
    4EEA0F73-2CEF-4386-AA8B-DCB694A52A3E.jpg
    972.7 KB · Views: 319
From the image its a pulled chinese cap from Foshan Shunde Chuangge Electronic Industrial Ltd, ( cgegd.com ), the MKP-LM range (which now appears to come in a rectangular case). You can pick such stuff cheaper on AliExpress I reckon.

DC filter capacitor with pin type(PCB)_Foshan Shunde CG Electronic Industry Co., Ltd.

[ Ooh, look, AliBaba have it cheaper: Source CGE 75UF 600V MKP-LM DC Bus Capacitor on m.alibaba.com ]

I reckon after shipping and cost and the time it takes to get to you from China it would be better to go with these but, opinions may vary. I don’t like PCB mount leads either. Like I said, the major suppliers charge about $20 for the equivalent cap here in the US. Plus you are giving business to a small business which is always a good way to spread the wealth. But, do as you wish, it’s a free world for now anyway.