• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Turretboard layout for phono stage

Been drawing up the layout for this phono stage here:

RJM Audio - Tube passive phono preamplifier

I have to make a few tweaks, its missing the filter caps, etc and this is just one channel.

Before I go too far on this I thought I would share here in case there is any improvements I can make to it.
Ive found that DIY layout creator is great for this and saves me drawing over and over again from scratch on paper, but everytime I tweak it, I find something else that can be more optimized!

Attachments

• Preamp.png
    Preamp.png
    271 KB · Views: 259
I dont have all the components on me as of yet, but i know the general size of most, the resistors are actually showing much bigger for example, but you can change their dimensions, but then the labels are not as readable, so ive left it.
I will likely print off a 100% scale copy and check the components, im expecting i will need to make a couple of minor tweaks afterwards.
I see some builders dont even like using turretboards and just use PTP with tag strips, but I think thats even more messy, if the circuit is low in component count, I can understand though.

Size of components can be found in data sheets. Labels can be made movable if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, thats not really my main concern, my main concern is where to position certian components to keep noise and crosstalk down from other parts of the circuit, etc.

I think Ive got it pretty good, im going to try and keep the heater wiring down the opposite end of the chassis.
Juse not sure if it matters if some components should be kept away from others, e.g grid resistors.