• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

I choked on my cornflakes!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I guess a short signal path really is a Short one!

Mine's even shorter - within the chip itself. I wonder how short it really is, between the "DAC" and "amplifier" physical die construction, as depicted in the block diagram?

Attachments

• Short_Signal_Path.jpg
    Short_Signal_Path.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 929
Cut the component leads short to minimize the signal path. Does not that same signal flow through about 500 FEET of wire inside the OPT and the other transformers only to fight its way through more wire to get to your speakers? It didn't make a flying leap out of the turntable either. Lets see, those grid wires inside the 845's are nearly an inch long....each. Maybe they need some trimming too.

So, even if the "shortest path is best" mentality is 100% correct, how much improvement was made by trimming a few component leads? .000nuthin percent!

If you think it about that just means they mounted everything on a PCB.

We all know how bad those things are.....suitable only for cheap MP3 players! Guess I screwed up real bad....My 845 amp has 3 of them.

Hey, for $20K the PCB's should be made from gold plated Kryptonite.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.