• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

ESRC Status?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I haven't talked with Stan this year, but I just tried the phone number with the same results. I know that their office phone forwards to the cell phone when they were not at the shop, and that's probably the mailbox that's full.

I have friends who live in the same area of Florida, and the virus is a bigger problem there than here, primarily due to the initial outbreak at Disney World that did not make the national news. Florida, especially the tourist areas, was one of the last places to implement a lockdown. My friends have to carry "exemption" papers to be out driving around. I don't know if the county where Stan lives or works is under the same lockdown orders.

I know that my Tubelab business has gone to near zero since the virus came. This is usually the busiest time of the year, but I have received 4 board orders since February 18. Last year I had 21 for the same period and 27 in 2018.

Perhaps he is in the same situation.

I have some visibility into their inventory system, although I don't know how often it is updated (probably monthly). If interested, post or PM me the type numbers and QTY of your order and I can see if their numbers change by the same amount in the next few days.

I just tried to look up a tube and their website has been "disabled".

For some reason they were also doing business as The Tube Center and ABC Vacuum Tubes. All listed the same address but different phone numbers. Those websites are also gone and they have no listings or recent feedback on eBay.

antique radio forums

"Stan passed away on April 1st (not Corona related). I promised his son I would not initially tell anyone, while the family was deciding what to do. I do have their permission to be more open now.

At this point, they are closed indefinitely and may not reopen. Apparently the probate is complicated in Stan's case, and it may be awhile before the estate is dis-positioned." Jim Cross

Antique Radio Forums • View topic - ESRC-1

:crying:

So sorry to hear about this. I probably bought close to a thousand tubes from Stan through the last 15 years (Beezar Audio). He was a good guy and great to deal with all the time. I'm sorry that I never took him up on his invitation to come to the Ham Fest at the Gwinnett County Fairgrounds in the Atlanta area. He apparently had a booth there every year.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.