• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Music Angel KT88 pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have the three pcbs from a MA KT88
(I had to swap them out with new ones I my amp because of some noise in my left channel)

Is there any way I can reuse these parts in a new build?

Would be fun to build something new from scratch.

TIA02-photo_05.jpg schem.jpg

Hi,

Do you have only the PCBs or do you also have a full set of tubes and transformers.
Remember that the bulk of the cost will be in transformers, then tubes.

Looking at the schematics it should be possible to modify / replace components and use as base for a Williamson topology type amplifier.
In fact, I am considering doing just that to a Music Angle KT88 amplifier. similar, but not identical to your boards. It fact it looks like MA has at least 3 different PCBs/designs of this specific amp using different tubes and topology.

Depending on your skills with electronics in general and tubes specifically you may be better off spending your money on a kit.

As for the modifications proposed by Mr. Lampizator, there are some good inspiratoin there. Personally I would apply all of these modifications without thinking twice or trice before soldering. Swapping in ECC88/6922 tubes and at the same time removing grid stoppers do not go hand in hand in my book.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.