Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

811-10 mono blocks
811-10 mono blocks
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th October 2019, 11:08 AM   #11
johnson1496 is offline johnson1496  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

Can i see the a MOSFET buffer scheme?
Old 16th October 2019, 01:06 PM   #12
jdg123 is offline jdg123  United States
diyAudio Member

811-10 mono blocks
I’m egar to see the interstage transformer design. I’ve wanted to build one for years.
Old 16th October 2019, 02:34 PM   #13
w5jag is offline w5jag  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdg123 View Post
There is a related thread on this site about power supplies for 811 tubes. I知 not sure how to link to it. I知 getting urged to change to an interstage transformer from the coupling cap but I know a fellow (SET12 from AudioKarma) who built this way (slight variation of one extra choke and the called for 2uF instead of the 1uF I could afford) and his amp ran strong and true for years. I知 betting on experience over theory... unless someone has differing Experience with A2 power supplies. I invite alteration to my schematic to reflect that experience. Experience is a great teacher, I知 all for it! Otherwise, This set up is a proven performer... with diodes and coupling cap :-). I知 not defending it in theory I知 just saying it works!

Cheers!
Beautiful amps, congratulations on your builds!

I modified a Tubelab TSE to run SV811-10 and it worked and measured quite good for an SE amp, particularly considering my mediocre Hammond 125ESE OPT's.

Personally, on my experience, I think the mosfet power drive is the way to go with these tubes. I was getting 9 watts with an inadequate positive power supply, and feel like 15 to 20 watts is within reach with the right one.

811-10 mono blocksHide this!Advertise here!