• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Lundahl LL1663 PP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
UL taps: 33% will give the tube more effective transconductance (voltage to current gain) versus 43%. One disadvantage is that 33% will give the tube a higher effective plate resistance (versus 43%), so you will require more global negative feedback to get the same damping factor as the 43% tap would get.

But 33% will give more maximum watts out for the same B+ and same control grid bias than 43%.

The 6L6 is the lower transconductance of the tubes in post #7.

You should end up with a good performing and sounding amp, no matter which of those tubes you use.

Last edited:
Steve Morley@
I already have an SE amplifier with LL transformer and can agree that it can be very good but then the rest should also be good.

gingertube@

I have already assembled most of the components for an EL 34 amplifier, which is a well-known Swedish construction that several DIY builders collaborated with, but it is time for me to build mine. this amp can use whole range from 6L6 to KT88 maybe even the newer kt-tubes.

6A3sUMMER@

Thanks for remember me.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.