• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Your thoughts or experience with "tilt" tone control

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm building a 6M11 preamp with tilt control right now - it's (one channel) 'breadboarded' and working with the 'shop speaker'.
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/334221-6m11-compactron-preamp-tilt-tone-control.html#post5707612
I'm playing around with some different power supply choices (SMPS, standard) to take over from the bench supply.

Right now I've 'stepped away' from the electronics to make up some chassis frames.

About the tilt control - I'm not a complete convert as I think that sometimes I like to have less mid and more of both bass and treble (thump and fizz...). Which sort of aligns with what Michael just said, if I read his post correctly.

But it's fun playing around with the tone control and see things changing on the scope...you can tell my skill level (beginner) from that!

Chasing down oscillation problems is another topic, but I don't think I can blame that on the tilt control. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.