• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Parallel amps wiring

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2011
If you build an outboard unity gain inverter stage, you can feed balanced signals to the two amp inputs, and connect one speaker between the two "hot" 8 ohm outputs. This makes the stereo amp into a monoblock.

But this would only work well enough with a 16 ohm speaker. These amps have just 8 ohm and 4 ohm outputs, but not the 16 ohm taps that would be used for bridging with a typical 8 ohm speaker.

Last edited:
If you build an outboard unity gain inverter stage, you can feed balanced signals to the two amp inputs, and connect one speaker between the two "hot" 8 ohm outputs. This makes the stereo amp into a monoblock.

But this would only work well enough with a 16 ohm speaker. These amps have just 8 ohm and 4 ohm outputs, but not the 16 ohm taps that would be used for bridging with a typical 8 ohm speaker.

I thought when bridging the amplifiers the load impedance would be halved so if I have 8 ohm speakers I would set output impedance on amplifiers on 4 ohm. I probably don't understand correctly.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.