• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Enhanced Triode Mode?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In a single ended amplifier, is ETM (enhanced triode mode) essentially screen drive? I’ve been doing some searching, but I can not locate much information on “how to” and the benefits. Anyone have a few schematics to share? I have a handful of 6DN6 and 25CD6GB I’d like to try in something that allows me to push it a bit past the 1-3W in SE triode.

Thanks!

Thanks rfrbw. I've been looking for that HFN&RR article for a while.

Deicide67, a screen drive amp requires more, well drive. At any rate here's another, see attachment. Bob Danielak doesn't seem to have an active site and it was meant for DIY so I'm including it if the moderator doesn't remove it.

Steve

Attachments

• EL509 6BM8 Sweep tube Amp.pdf
    171.6 KB · Views: 370
So, not to oversimplify things, but it’s typically a high gain or Pentode driver into a low impedance cathode follower driving g2 and g1 is tied to the cathode?

Would something like a 12AX7 into a 6CG7 cathode follower swing enough voltage, ordoes it need to be something like cascaded 12AT7?

Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.