• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

HELP! Hybrid Rectifier PSU with 2 Diodes und 2 TV-Dampers 6CG3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2015
HI! Here my circuit for my next projekt:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

It is possible to build?
My transformers for heating and plate voltage doesnt have a center tap!
I have build a similar psu mit 2 diodes (BY6) und two 866A for my 211 SE and works very well.
What are your opinions about the circuit (see pic)?
Iam very happy for answers.

Best Regards from Spain

Attachments

• 6cg3 PSU.jpg
    6cg3 PSU.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
Although TV damper diodes are rated to take kilovolts between heater and cathode, you should not leave the heater circuit floating. Either tie one side to the cathodes or tie one side to chassis. Then the rectifier tubes are less likely to fail shorted heater-cathode, and (if you earth it) when one of them does fail, it will let you know. Note that the 6CG3 has a low heater -cathode voltage rating for a damper - heater can be 900 V neg but no more than 100 V +ve.

And if you earth one side of the rectifier heater supply, you can use it for other tubes.

The pin connections on your circuit are incorrect. 6CG3's are in compactron format with heater pins 1 & 12, cathode pin 7, and anode pins 4 & 10. Have you got compactron sockets for the tubes?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.