• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

K12g upgrades

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I can't win. My ebay order fell through for some Russian K40Y-9, and my current vendor for parts (Allied.ca)doesn't have the Nichicon caps suggested for the B+ on the K12.

As for the C2/C3/C6/C7 I'm on the hunt for something I can get that won't arrive sometime in March. It's a mixed bag but the consensus was go Russian. I have had the kit for 2 weeks in a box and don't feel like another 4 week wait. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Judging by what I've found in reading the B+ caps should be of low ESR such as the Voltsecond recommendation of UVR2E331MRD which I'd have to pay $20 shipping to get from digikey, unless somebody of greater knowledge than I have about caps can suggest a cap from allied.ca.

Reason for sticking with allied is they have the rest of the parts I'm looking for, my list is below for critics or cross reference to digikey.ca to keep the order to one site. OPT's are on the list but just not right now incase anybody was wondering.

Roederstein / Vishay
Capacitor; Polyester Metallized; Cap 1 uF; Tol 10%; Vol-Rtg 63 VDC; Radial
MKT1817510065

Vishay Specialty Capacitors
Capacitor; Ceramic; Cap 0.01 uF; Tol 20%; Vol-Rtg 3000 VDC; Radial; Z5U
564R30GAS10

Bud Industries
Enclosure; Chassis; Desktop; Aluminum; Natural; 12x8x3 In; AC Series
AC-424

General Semiconductor / Vishay - UF4007-E3/51 - Rectifier; 1.7V; 1A; 1000V; 700Voltage, RMS

Well I need to get some XO parts for a speaker project from Solen so I can just place an order for some PPE022 0.22uf 630v Metalized Polypropylene caps from them for the coupling capacitors.

Now I just need to figure out what to do about the B+. I just want to keep my order to 1 site to save shipping costs. Guess I can spend some time on digikey.ca for my main parts that way I can get the Nichicon caps for the B+ as recommended.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.