• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

JC Morrison

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
JC was part of the "tube scene" in NYC going back 25 years or so. He's not in NYC any longer, but is still doing some interesting hi-fi work.

JC did a number of "NY Noise" shows, all of which were well attended and showed off an extremely wild and varied range of homebrew gear.

Although the "siren song" was cool back in the day, I think that design has been eclipsed, long ago. If you get legit back copies of Joe Roberts' Sound Practices that design and a lot of others from that period are documented.

_-_-bear

Looks to me like that video was shot in JC's Hoboken loft, which makes it quite a few years old now...

Last edited:
Proof

Here's proof.

A very old photo, left to right:
- bob cummings
- arthur loesch
- me
- jc morrison

_-_-

Attachments

• 4-GUYS.jpg
    4-GUYS.jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 640
Ummm, do you mean Joe Roberts?

_-_-

Sound Practices went under and if you sent JR money for Vol 5, that is LONG gone and he will not honor a refund. Same thing happened to me; I learned not to give out money until the actual product is already out and being sold.

JR was giving out CDs of his articles to honor any outstanding money that Sound Practices owed but he no longer does that either.

If you really want your money back, just make copies of your old SP issues and sell them on Ebay. If JR complains, you know where to tell him to go. :)

To Joe's credit, SP was a great magazine while it was in operation.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.