• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Aikido cathode follower (ACF) with 12au7

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys!
I made this ACF (John Broskie's) with valve/tube 12au7 under this schematic (circuit), but the ACF is not gonna work?! :confused::D
There is a ton of buzz.:(
Please tell me what could be the problem?:(
Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• Aikido cathode follower with ecc82.JPG
    Aikido cathode follower with ecc82.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 473
Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
With 10mA of plate current those 6.8K resistors really need to be 3.3K to get the voltages listed in the schematic. It seems needlessly complicated for what it is doing, and I wouldn't DC couple it to anything as you can't guarantee the output will be close to ground potential.

I think there is a fundamental flaw in the design relating to the floating supplies.

Your proposal on the filament supply is fine.

Are you doing two for stereo?

With 10mA of plate current those 6.8K resistors really need to be 3.3K to get the voltages listed in the schematic. It seems needlessly complicated for what it is doing, and I wouldn't DC couple it to anything as you can't guarantee the output will be close to ground potential.

I think there is a fundamental flaw in the design relating to the floating supplies.

Your proposal on the filament supply is fine.

Are you doing two for stereo?

Your proposal on the filament supply is fine??:confused:
I think there is a fundamental flaw in the design:confused::D
Is the cathode resistor 470R is OK? for 10mA of plate current.
What should be the design?
Thanks!

Attachments

• ACF with ECC82.JPG
    ACF with ECC82.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:
Without knowing you have taken a conceptual discussion schematic from glassware and tries to implement it. Conceptual schematics takes some working usually irl.

Neither is it an aikido follower. Nor a white follower. Some direct coupled experimental discussion schematic I would say. You cant trust dc output.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.