• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Has anyone ever used the 6C41C in PP?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Just a quick question,

Has anyone ever used the 6C41C in push pull configuration in an amp?

I was looking on line just for interest and there doesn't seem to be any schematics wonder why?
Is the sound not as good as other tubes..

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
6S41S

6S41S is about one half of a 6S33S. There is no known reason to say it won't do the trick in a PP amp. Output impédance should be around 2400 ohms from plate to plate. I never tried those tubes, simply because I designed my own amps around 6S33S tubes. 6S41S have about the same plate dissipation as the 2 triodes from a 6AS7G, 6080, or 6N13S. It's worth a trial.

Just a quick question,

Has anyone ever used the 6C41C in push pull configuration in an amp?

I was looking on line just for interest and there doesn't seem to be any schematics wonder why?
Is the sound not as good as other tubes..

Regards
M. Gregg

Hi Gregg,
I've never try pp, but at some point I played with this tube in SE. I used it with UBT-1 one electron OT 1600/4-8-16. Not a perfect match , but close enough. For driver I used 6E5P and they were no weaker points in the signal path to make me doubt. I could say that the sound didnt impress me much. It is not too bad just a little to harsh and with less personality. Finally I built a voltage regulator with the 6C41C where the tube performs great. Maybe I didnt play enough with the operating point and got discouraged too early. Hope you will find a better use in a PP configuration.
Best,
Radu

I seem to remember that there was an opinion expressed, for what it is worth, on some website or other that it was not as good in SE as 6S33S. Without going into the pros and cons of using regulator triodes in SE, it seems difficult to imagine why it would not perform as well in push-pull as any of the other valves of this type. Maybe the sockets put some builders off and the fact that it seems a bit less commonly available than 6S19P or 6S33S. It shares the same cool looks as 6S33S.

Did you get any further with your design ideas?

I'm making my first foray into amplifier design a PP 6S41S, mainly because it's fun to try to use peculiar and cheap valves! I'm crunching the numbers and making loadline graphs. At the moment I'm wondering if I could use half a 6N1P input > half 6N1P phase splitter > 12S3S driver > 12S3S driver > 6S41S power.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I'm starting to work on the design for a PP 6C41C pushpull amp to drive a pair of Monsoon planars. I am contemplating cheap toroidal power transformers as they look like they will work OK given the low impedances involved. This will not be full range but from 150Hz to whatever I can get..

Nothing off the shelf in terms of conventional tranformers looks suitable, but I need to look at Lundahl and a few others.

I will share further details here as I figure it out.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.