• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Cute Little Tube Oscilloscope, Thought I'd share.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Meet Andrew's blast from the past (Gadget Master)

Suggestions for a substitute Deflection Tube besides the DG7-6 are welcome.

Q6rS0.jpg

yI263.jpg

Suggestions for a substitute Deflection Tube besides the DG7-6 are welcome.
Based on apparent size, a 3RP1 (curved face) or a 3RP1A (flat face) should work. Or perhaps a 2BP1 or even a 2AP1. (different bases) Also a Brimar D7/200GH which is a squared off shape of about 2½ inches diagonally. These are all electrostatic deflection tubes that like about 1KV on their second anode. The 3RP1/A are popular in small Heathkit scopes, ham radio signal monitors and Cushman service monitors. The Brimar was also used in old service monitors.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
My first scope was a diy affair. The Practical Wireless "Purbeck" using the 3BP1 running at 800 volts. It was a 6Mhz design, quite an ambitious project for a then youngster. I used the official case and etched all the boards myself.

PRACTICAL WIRELESS - 'PURBECK' OSCILLOSCOPE - APRIL 1978 | eBay

It gave me many 100's probably 1000's hours reliable service and started me off on a career in electronics.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.