• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

EC88 (6DL4) NOS Mullard - any use at all?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
One thing is sure , that it's not mentioned anywhere in the Phillips data that the PC88 ( EC88 ) is a variable transconductance tube , see the data of the PC95 the first thing mentioned is that this tube is a vari gm tube and look at it's curves to see how the curves fall sharply when Vg is more negative than -1.5V which is by far more sharply than PC88 curves .

Last edited:
Hi,
Im new to diyaudio and saw this older thread. I have a quad of these EC88 / 6DL4 Amerex Bugle Box tubes NOS /NIB one pair was made in Heerlen Holland 1961 and the other pair has etched codes that indicate made in 1964 by Valvo Germany. I have a Military TV7 A/U that has been upgraded to a TV7 D/U with plate current jacks added. I have looked through all the TV7 data charts and addendum all over the web and this tube is not listed. Does anyone on this forum have the TV7 data setting for this tube : EC88 / 6DL4 ?

thank you in advance for your reply. kindest regards, Jim

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.