• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

no sound on the PHONO channel....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys! First let me apologize if the terminology I use isn't totally correct. I'm pretty new to this stuff, but will try to describe everything as best as I can.

So I bought my first tube system, and I love it so far! Except for the problem described below. It consists of a Dynakit ST-70 amp, PAS-2 peramp and a pair of Acoustic Research AR2A speakers. Also included was a FM-5 tuner.

I hooked up the tuner, and everything sounded amazing. Then I tried to connect my Technics SL-1300 turntable to the phono channel... but I got no sound. I was sure to connect it to the correct inputs and was also sure to switch the preamp knob to "phono". I was baffled. I then tried a different turntable, this time a SL-1200MK2. Same result. I tried connecting the turntable cables to the fm-tuner inputs, since I know they worked. Still nothing. I then connected the fm-tuner to the phono inputs, to see if something was wrong with the phono inputs. However, I was able to hear music.

Any idea why I cannot get sound from these turntables? Let me know if any extra info is needed to diagnose the problem. Thanks for helping a rookie!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.