• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

WANTED oscillation!?! rf nuts please help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
can someone please post or point me in the direction of a schematic, tutorial, SOMETHING relating to triode oscillation. preferably an example of the (ever so elusive) common grid colpitts or hartley. ive scoured the web for days looking for a useful rf or af oscillator using a triode and have turned up almost nothing at all. please help.

thanks
greg

The library idea is good..

Older copies of "Radio Amateurs Handbook" by ARRL ( American Radio Relay League) should give you plenty of well proven applications.. my first copy is from -75, and contains little about tube oscillators, so look for something around or before -70...

yeah yeah yeah

yeah i have a handful of books on rf and not a single one mentions tubes other than the arrl handbook which has about a paragraph. i did however get one working, i just really wanted to check my work to see if there was anything i was forgetting. its EXTREMELY high output impedance but ill buffer it and i think itll work. thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.