• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Northlake PT ??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, I might as well keep pumping you all for info...so here goes...
I found a Webcor reel-to-reel on it's way to landfill, so I scarfed it up. 2 EL84 Mullard, 2 12AX7 Mullard, 1 12AU7 Mullard, and 2 12AX7 Westinghouse. PT is...I believe...a Northlake...1005244. Are these good trannies ? The amp is loaded with quality parts...Mullard tubes, Fast caps...I figure they wouldn't skimp on the PT ? Any info out there ? Thanks as always !!!:D

You are pretty much on your own. Northlake is/was a venerable transformer manufacturer, but the Webcor transformer is most likely a custom, so you will need to measure the output voltages and guestimate the current capability from the tube complement. (IE, don't expect much more filament current than the sum needed for the tubes involved in the original circuit, etc.). If you haven't already gutted the recorder, tracing out the circuit might provide some valuable clues as to transformer capability. Seek out threads here regarding measuring capabilities of unknown transformers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.