• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Ready to test SPP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I built it with el84 tubes wired ultralinear and 5ar4 rectifier. The power transformer is an Edcor XPWR008. What would be a good fuse amp rating for testing? If testing goes ok what value fuse would be good for long term use?

To me this amp was a more difficult build than the two sse's I have built because of all the connections, more output tubes and transformer wires, so I am trying to proceed with caution.

I did not put the feedback caps in place yet as I am not sure what they do or if they are needed.

The output transformers are Edcor CXPP25-MS-8K/23% which have 4/8/16 ohm taps. I attached the feedback to the 8 ohm tap.

Any tips or comments would be appreciated.

I put it in a pessant 3u chassis from diyaudiostore. Here is a photo:

Attachments

• spp1.jpg
    spp1.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 169
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.