• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Do I finally understand SSE grounding? I hope!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After spending a few evenings (several hours) searching this forum, and using Google, I think I might finally have a basic handle on grounding the SSE I'm building...

My chassis is an aluminum box.

My amp will not be wired for CFB or UL, just the basic configuration.

My RCA jacks, speaker terminals, and volume pot will ALL be isolated from the chassis.

My star ground is a bolt attached to the aluminum chassis.

OK, as I now understand it (fingers crossed):

The RCA inputs and my Alps blue volume pot are "in effect" part of the PCB unit as a whole. Therefore, ONE single wire from ONE single RCA ground lug (not both) is the ONLY wire I need to attach to my star ground.

Because I am not using CFB, my speaker terminals are NOT part of this "PCB Unit." Therefore, BOTH speaker terminals each need a ground wire running to the star ground.

Everything else: all three transformers, the choke, and the motor-run cap housing also need to be connected to the star ground, or the chassis.

The star ground is connected to the power module ground.

Please let me know if I have something wrong, or missed something.
Thanks! David

Because I am not using CFB, my speaker terminals are NOT part of this "PCB Unit." Therefore, BOTH speaker terminals each need a ground wire running to the star ground.

Just to clarify, you are only going to ground ONE speaker terminal from EACH of the output transformers (two grounds total), not BOTH speaker terminals from each of the output transformers (four grounds total)?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.