• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

USPS shipping

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Hi George,

I received my boards, but they arrived damaged.... I can open the package and send more pictures if needed but they are rather bowed.

Jim

Attachments

• IMG_0430.jpg
    IMG_0430.jpg
    452.1 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_0431_s.jpg
    IMG_0431_s.jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 253
Not exactly packaged very well are they. Not sure that USPS will be responsible for the damage in that case. I would claim against the sender.

I have used the premium Priority Mail service, and that heavy envelope which is provided by the USPS for this purpose for 15 years to send boards all over the world. This is the first time that a board shipment has been destroyed, but they do lose one every year or two. That is usually the fault of the customs or postal service in the destination country though.

Hold on to that package unopened. I may need it for a claim with the USPS. It was insured. I have printed out both pictures on 8 1/2 X 11 color glossy paper. I will be at the post office Tuesday morning when they open.

I will send two replacement boards out Tuesday morning.....hopefully lightning (or the USPS) won't strike twice.....please drop the Paypal claim once you are happy with the replacements.

It took me about an hour yesterday to fill out the USPS insurance claim form. It kept locking up for unknown reasons, but it finally worked on the 4th try.

I uploaded your pictures as "evidence of damage." They stated that you should retain possession of the package, and NOT to reship it back to me, or anywhere else. You may be asked to bring it to a local post office if they can't verify damage from the pictures.

Jim,

The post office has processed the insurance claim and agreed to reimburse me $50, the limit of coverage. That just about covers my cost of the boards and the postage to ship the second set. I have no clue how I'm supposed to be paid, and can't find that info on their web site. I'll ask next time I go to the post office.

I must assume that they will not need to see the boards, so you can do whatever you want with them.

In the 15 years I have been selling boards I have found one bad one, and managed to destroy a couple myself. I have cut them up with a table saw in order to use one section, like the power supply for another project, or just populated the stuff that I need like the driver section for experiments.

The TSE board has been used for all sorts of oddball tube experiments by several people, especially myself and W5JAG.

There have been a few threads posted about such experiments, and some did involve some burnt parts, but if the board is free and you have some spare parts, time, and wild ideas, why not. Just patch the damaged area with wire and play.

801A in Tubelab Single Ended?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.