• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Tubelab SSE Finsl Assembly

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am finally getting ready to complete my SSE build. Life has been rough this last year but I am going to push through and finish this. My first question is about orientation and the close proximity of the transformers in the attached photo. Does this look ok, is there a rule about how close things are? Thanks

Attachments

• 20190524_160251.jpg
    20190524_160251.jpg
    801.2 KB · Views: 311
20190525_010656.jpg

20190525_011454.jpg I also had a question about mounting the board underneath a piece of aluminum. I see through the pictures where i the board is touching the aluminum in a couple places so I'll need to put some spacers between the board and the aluminum but other than that will this work OK thanks for any help

Attachments

• 20190525_011534.jpg
    20190525_011534.jpg
    574.5 KB · Views: 290
I'm not sure how close the OPTs can be to each other but if you switch the power transformer with the run motor capacitor you'd have the power transformer closer to where it needs to attach to the PCB. You could then space out the output transformers a little. You could even bring the run motor capacitor a little closer to the board and the power transformer and then space out the OPT a little more, if you want.

I used one half inch spacers between the PCB and the aluminum. This made the top of the enclosure about even with top of the vacuum tube sockets...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.