• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Electra Print OPT selection for TSE 45

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I doubt that you could tell much difference between 5K and 6K when speakers vary by a much larger amount over their frequency and amplitude ranges.

See if you can get the impedance VS frequency response graph for your speakers. If they are below their rated impedance in the critical 200 Hz to 2000 Hz range, then opt for the 6K transformers. If they are above their nominal impedance through this range, then get the 5K transformers.

I'd try contacting Lundahl to see what they have with a 5k primary

Lundahl has the LL1663/50 mA transformer that's about right for a 45. I have never tried them, but have a pair of LL1663/PP's that I use in a push pull sweep tube amp. They are nice transformers. I got them because they would fit into a 2 RU chassis and was pleasantly surprised at their performance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.