• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Tubelab 45 SE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Please put the posting link in the message of the question.
It makes it easier for us who are not search detectives.

We all (and I) try to learn new things on this forum, and about this forum.

By the way, let all of us give a word of thanks to the Moderators who
do so much for this Forum.
Thanks Moderators!

Last edited:
I have been recommended Monolith Magnetics output transformer for the 45 tube amp and I was wondering if there is somebody who has experience with more than one transformer and could compare the Monolith Magnetics to other brands like Hashimoto, Lundahl, Tamura, Tango, Tribute or any other.

Also I am thinking about what resistors and capacitors to choose. I am considering to use metal film Vishay resistors (because of the low level of distortion), what do you think about them?

And probably one of these capacitors:
Mundorf Supreme SilverGold Oil
V-cap CuTF
Jupiter Copper Foil Paper & Wax,
Intertechnik Audyn True Copper MAX
Miflex KCPU-01
Rike Audio Q-CAP

I have found most information about the Mundorfs, do you have some experience with the other one. Which caps would you recommend?
I heard good things about Duelund CAST Cu-Sn, what do you think about them comparing them to other mentioned caps? Is there maybe some cheaper and similar version of them offered by another brand?

Thank you very much for help

My 45 based TSE has 27 K resistors in it but I ran it on about 330 volts. As you raise the B+ voltage you must reduce the current through the mosfets to keep them from getting too hot, unless you use bigger heat sinks.

What is the ideal voltage or how high voltage is there when building the Tubelab SE according to assembly manual?
If I have voltage around 280V 20K R14 and R25 resistors will be enough?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.