• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Gold Lion KT77 or Winged SED EL34 In SSE?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just ordered some Gold Lion KT77, but am wondering if they will work.

B+ is 425 v loaded with KT88's pulling around 79 mA with 560 ohm cathod resistor.

So I begin modeling for EL34's in SECad (Glassware software) to estimate what cathode resistors I need. George uses 38 as the input voltage from the driver. With EL34, I can model everything fine and use a range of cathode resistances below 810 ohms and get zero positive grid voltages.

However, when I switch over to a KT77, I get excessive grid voltages to the extent that I need to drop the input voltage from the driver to around 33 v.

Of course all this is modeled by software, but I am wondering if I should change my order out to a true EL34 before it gets processed and shipped.

Thanks,
Charlie

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Something going on with your model, the KT77 is not that different in most ways from an EL34 and changes if required should be trivial.(Try asking for a model in the tube spice model sticky on the tube / valves forum and model in spice if you are able)

George should have the last word here, but I can't think of a single reason why the KT77 shouldn't work.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.