• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Tubelab SSE B+ and cathode resistor questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm just finishing collecting parts for my Tubelab SSE build. I'm using the Edcor XPWR155 (350-0-350) power transformer, Sovtek 5AR4 rectifier, Edcor CXC100-5H-200mA choke, 80uF auxiliary motor run capacitor, and would like to use KT88s. I'm a little confused about how to determine my B+ and what value of cathode resistor I will need. To determine B+ do I just multiply 350 * 1.41? How do I figure the drop from the 5AR4? Do the power supply capacitors impact the value of B+?

Thanks in advance, :)

--TWH

B+ still not clear

I downloaded the simulation program, and also understand how to look up the required cathode resistor, but I am not sure I've run the simulation correctly because the B+ voltage seems to low (326V). Would appreciate input from more learned tube builders out there. thanks.

Simple SE
EDCOR XPWR002 transformer 360-0-360
5AR4 rectifier
Triad C-14X Choke 6H; Cur 200mA; DCR 150 Ohms
100uF motor run cap

Try using differing rectifier tubes within the simulation....there are great differences from one tube to the next, some drop a lot of voltage across them, some much less so.
Just make sure you are within operating parameters........as you have probably found out by now, exceeding parameters will pop up an error warning.

____________________________________________________Rick.............

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.