• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Tubelab Simple SE with two Transformers - Centertaps?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm building a Tubelab Simple SE right now, and have bought two power transformers... one for the main high voltage and 6.3 V. The second transformer is a 5 V that I've got hooked up to the rectifier filament. My dilemma is which transformer center tap should I hook up to the terminal board, or use both?

After looking on Tubelab's website (wiring diagrams and schematic), it seems that the centertap connector on the board is for the high voltage winding, and none is needed for the rectifier. The high voltage centertap is connected to ground. So, should I simply hook both centertaps to the came connector (ground) or should I just simply tape off the 5 V transformer centertap?

Let me know your thoughts.,.. my guess is to connect the high voltage centertap and tape off the 5 V centertap.

Thanks!

-Eddie

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.