When you dont see it coming.

Yeah it's tough.

My eldest is 9, his mother and I didnt last long after the birth, which has been the bane of my life since.

When my OH got pregnant, against all odds, I was petrified of the same result.

I always swore I'd never be a separated dad, but I guess more is predestined than I believed.

I am flattered. And humbled.

Being a separated dad with fortnightly access for the last 9 years has been a hard slog. I have little input into the morality he is taught and find it difficult. I never thought it would happen again.

My children know they are my world, I just wonder if that is enough.

And yes there are millions if women out there.
Haha, it makes me laugh because I dont have any friends, or in fact, anything other than my family, and work.

But thank you. The sentiment was enough.

...and I like your lizard, tropical if the likeness to ours in Oz is anything to go by. Mine is the Thorny Devil ( Moloch horridus) from our central desert areas. From my garden.

It's a Crested Gecko or Eyelash Gecko.

It is native to L'ile de Pines, which is in the Pacific, I guess it's kinda NZ way.

The were considered extinct until about 1994 when they were rediscovered and bred.

Now there must be loads because some of the wild caught must have been line bred for a decade or so and they can be found easily Captive Bred from those stocks.

Hes Loki, and he was 11 on 9th June.

:D

And he hasn't even got the whiff of a female!

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Mondo,
I'm really sorry for you. The sudden vacuum is tough to deal with. Most don't see it coming.

My wife died suddenly in March 2020 without any warning. Totally unexpected, so bang, she was gone.

What that experience taught me is that things will get better with time. Besides, it takes two committed people to keep a marriage together, and only one to tear it apart. Its better this happened earlier than later. If she decided to leave, don't try to get her back unless she gave you a reason that can be overcome.. Just get on with your life best you can.

-Chris