JAM dumps on the mods some more

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
jam said:
What is going on here........! Post #3

Peter,

You will be surprised to know about how many of your e-mails have got out.

They all go to show your unethical behavior on the forum………..seem to me you are now trying to reverse engineer or copy Scott’s DAC for your own gain .

The kicker is this e-mail you sent to one of your favorite people………….It is time the rest of the moderators and members knew what you are up to. It makes me sick.

An e-mail from Peter Daniels

As to the Brian, he proposed me recently to carry all international orders while he takes care of USA orders. So with those new boards, it will be arranged like that from now on. I can't really blame him for anything, as myself, I would probably never take that initiative with the kits.

It will still be run under his name, but maybe it's better this way, as recent desputes put a bit of shadow on my forum personality. Some people even expressed that in private mails, although in a rather friendly fashion.

My only concern are people like Scott Nixon, who run very legitimate businesses, don't advertise on a forum, and are very ethical, yet in this situation thir business will probably suffer substantially. When Brian boards are put into my chassis, this also affects Joe Rassmussen, as he also doesn't really use forum for advertisement. And the biggest leverage we get, is on volume purchasing and prepayment. And this is only possible because of the forum. Other guys don't have that advantage.

I'm fully aware of those issues, and I really don't want to cross the line in anyway, so if you have any suggestions (or advice, don't hesitate to pass it to me).

Peter

Figure it out for yourselves.

Regards,
Jam

Well Jam,

What I expressed above is my personal view, reflecting how I feel about certain issues. If you think that this acts against me, you must be seriously disturbed.

OTOH, what you are doing here, whith my private mail to Fred, shows only what kind of person you are.

An open letter from Fred with his permission.

Peter,

I have seen many threads involving group buys where the orders were placed on the forum instead of through Email. I assume that there would be nothing secrete about buying a PCB. If you indeed support people knowing about Scott's DAC/PCB as you stated, what is the problem about people knowing about the order. I see absolutely no part of the Email that indicates any need for confidentiality. If there is such a need, then all orders for items on the forum should be done through confidential Email and not on the forum. If it was an honest order and you actually wanted to show some support for a fellow forum member, why not do it on the forum. Like you said "Advertising on diyAudio definitely pays off", why not let it pay off for someone else as well for a change.

Thanks,

Fred

Jam,

It shows once again, that you are merely a tool in Fred's manipulative hands, without having any respect for fellow forum members.

I don't know where you come from, but to me a private e-mail is like letter, and shouldn't be given to anybody without sender's permission, and definitely not a subject of a forum post.

scottnixon said:
Like starting 'group buys' on products that you make? That's not selling on the forum???? Gee I must be new or really stupid. :cannotbe:
Scott, if you wanted to offer a dirt cheap pcb, kit, whatever, and we all sensed that this was a low profit deal, we wouldn't stop you. Just go ahead! One indicator of a group buy is also that all documention is available and published, except for gerber files maybe.

I don't know with level your business is in, hobby, part time, full time, but it's rather certain that BrianGT and Peter Daniel kill your business, but that's life. Those two guys was smarter.

planet10, this smacks a lot of the "moderating" thread and all the shady forum/moderator integrity issues associated with that. Not to mention Fred's eventual exit from this forum based on these and related issues.

If you and your mod pals are quite finished covering for each other and for Peter Daniels, I think it is your divine janitorial obligation to open your clouded eyes and see the forest for the trees! If you have the guts. No-one thinks you guys are stupid but you seem hell-bent on convincing us otherwise, with the only other option being gutless, dishonest, nepotistic, fraudulent, corrupt etc. Pick whatever shoe fits and feel free to send the rest to Texas...

Disabled Account
Joined 2003
I don't personally see the email itself as being a big problem: Peter clearly was concerned about the adverse impact (of adversiting on the forum) that the partenership with BrianGt can have on other members. And to me there is nothing wrong with the partenership, as long as the same venue of advertising is available both to the other competitors.

What I think is probamatic is the perception of self-dealing and surpressing of information by Peter (and other moderators) in the name of moderating. The email smells like a conspiracy of Peter trying to sell boards through Brian and unless that is clearly stated in the sale documents, it is not ethical not to disclosed it to potential buyers.

I am OK with commercialization of this forum, and think forum members selling their PCBs is quite helpful to some of us. However, I think we have enough incidents in the past and right now that we need to restrict the moderating abilities of those who use the forum for commercial purposes.

Conflict of interest as well as full disclosure should be approached seriously.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.