China Post

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My old multi-meter was failing so decided buy a new one.
I found a cheap one online wit ha company called Wish in China.
So purchased it.
After a month it didnt come so tried to get in touch with them but couldnt.
So wrote it off and bought a similar one from the UK which came in a few days.

Five months down the line I got a knock at the door and it was the postman with a parcel. Opened it and a shiny new multi-meter.
Only took 6 months to arrive !
So got two now.

To be perfectly honest, it's not that uncommon for an order from China to take more than a month. Six months is excessive, but I've also had stuff from the US get lost in the mail and arrive six months after I ordered it.

It's probably an international post issue (and very possibly a customs issue), rather than a China issue.

As another note, I've decided that the pricier multimeters ($100+) are generally worth the cost. I've still got Fluke 77s from the 1980s that work great (a few have needed a zebra strip, but that's not too big a deal), but I have Uni-T meters that are less than 2 years old and already feel worn out. But I must say, I recently bought a couple bench meters (Instek GDM8245 and a Fluke 8842) and I'm converted. No more meters getting knocked over when I try to change the range. The 8842 has a pretty dim VFD on it, but it's still just such a nice meter to use in comparison with almost any handheld, and the 8245 has just about the prettiest display of any meter I've ever seen.

I ordered a record from the UK from Hospital Records.

3 weeks later I asked for tracking information since it's usually only 1 week from UK to Canada. They said "must have got lost, we'll resend it". 1 week later and 2 arrive on the same day. Another one arrived the following day! 3 for 1? Ok then.

Yesterday, I got two things in the mail from China.

Tube sockets I ordered on the 25th of October, and 5 relays and sockets I ordered _April_27th!_

The chinaman who sells goods here is called "Ali- Express" but that name is contrary to what happens after placing an order. It took weeks, sometimes months for the parcel to arrive.
When you forget about the order, just in that moment is appears and says: Well, wasn't that a quick delivery?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.