Noise-cancelling apartment project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Seems to work best for traffic or someone mowing the lawn. When it comes to apartments, options are still limited. I made a huge non permanent wall with green glued double drywall and air sealed insulation behind and I barely hear my neighbor anymore when he's playing loud video games. It was a lot of work though.

When I worked at Amazon, they had music playing LOUDLY at times, which, admittedly, did inspire the material handlers and make their workday a bit more pleasant. The maintenance and control people were loaded into a single "war room", whose door and walls provided a limited amount of attenuation...

This would be a great spot for such an application. Imagining a PZM mic attached to an outside wall, with a self powered speaker inside. The system probably needs a switch to detect when the office door is opened...which happens frequently.

Funny, recalling some of the material I got used to listening to. They called me "headphone guy" as I wore a pair of audio technica noise cancelling pretty much all the time, to reduce the factory background noise.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.