Being Thankful

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Things to be thankful for thread. Personal to yourself with no rule breaking please. Thank you!

I'm thankful to all the food store employees who do not make much, but still get out there on the front lines during these times so we can all get the things we need.

I'm thankful to the gas station employees who much like the food store employees do not make much monetary wise, but still do their job so we can all gas up our vehicles.

I'm thankful that the few loved ones I have are all okay so far.

I'm thankful for my job, and the chance right now to do my part as an essential part of the health care industry.

I'm thankful that I have a modest home in the country with food in the cupboards, freezer, and fridge. I have internet, I'm warm, I'm bathed, I'm so far in good health, and the same with my co-workers.

I'm thankful that winter is almost over where I am, and you can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel so to speak. The sun is higher in the sky and the birds are chirping.

And for the cherry on top, I'm thankful for the nice brews in the fridge and the Tequila that I just poured a glass of. Life is still okay :king:

Last edited:
I understand and appreciate your feelings.

This episode, and I hope it is short, has prompted I think, a period of greater reflection by people, perhaps a time to reflect on values and what drives them, and what is really important.

It implicitly has caused at least a greater cooperation, and a recognition of our interdependence, and just maybe it could affect the almost mindless pursuit of material acquisition, seemingly almost regardless of other considerations for some people.

I'm thankful to be in a country with competent, caring, and strong leadership during this global crisis.

I'm thankful to have a comfortable home to ride this thing out in with my family, we have food to eat, water (and beer) to drink, and both I and my wife work in essential industries but can also work from home, not too many in that position.

I'm thankful for the front line workers in healthcare, food and the other essential services who are out there risking it all for usually poor wages and conditions to keep everyone safe.

I'm thankful that, so far at least, this situation is mostly bringing our the best in people in terms of compassion and caring for others. May it change people and society for the better when we all reflect on it.

I'm thankful to have been born in a time and place of relative peace and prosperity. There has never been a war fought in my homeland, and I was just young enough to have avoided being drafted into the war in Vietnam.

I'm thankful to have been born to loving and generous parents who provided me with a secure home and a good education. I'm thankful that they are still healthy and living independently at 88 & 91 years of age.

I'm thankful for the medical technologies that have kept me alive healthy for 61 years. Without modern medicine I'd either be dead by now (having survived a heart attack), or blind due to multiple retinal detachments and cataracts in both eyes.

I'm thankful to have two intelligent, kind, honest, industrious children that have supported themselves since completing their college educations.

I'm thankful to have always found work when I needed it, to never have had to go hungry, to have been able to provide for my family and now to be financially secure enough in retirement that I should never be a burden to my children or society.

I'm thankful to have met a good woman and make her my (second and final) wife. Next month marks 25 years since we met. I don't know if I could have made it this far without her, and I would not want to be facing the coming weeks or months of social isolation or the coming decades without her.

I am a lucky, lucky man and I know it.

Bill

There is a time and a season for everything, IMO.

Tonight the Moon which gives us feelings, is conjunct with Venus which gives us love.

Spectacular photo of space station, Moon and Venus together in the night sky above Devon - Devon Live

I am not too sure what is going on with the rest of the Astrological Universe. :eek:

According to certain philosophers, no duty is more urgent than giving thanks:

How tragic that most companies receive more complaints than compliments. It seems most of us are quick to grouse about problems with a product or service, but when we receive exceptional care, it may go unstated. xx.xxxxxxx (staying within forum rules) reminds us that it’s not only necessary but urgent to thank others, because thankfulness breeds appreciation and kindness.

We are, after all, creatures of kindness. Anything else is just that old "Dog eats Dog" stuff.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I'm thankful for many more things than I could list in this post. But most of all I am thankful for the kindness I have been seeing come out during this current world changing situation.

Thank you to everyone who is being kind, being thoughtful and generally doing things to help others in this very stressful and unsettling time.

Tony.

I'll admit that even occasions like this don't modify much of my life...

Last year I introduced myself to kayaking and I hope to continue that trend.
It's also nice to see more people out on the trails and such.
I'm usually one of those people that always makes some sort of contact, and it's nice to see others too.

So this morning I decided to go to work for a few hours to get caught up a bit. My Sunday routine has changed for grocery shopping as on Sundays Riverview SuperStore is open at 8am, and the first hour from 8-9am is reserved for seniors and people with disabilities, which is really cool SuperStore! So now on Sundays I go in to get ahead a bit for work, and then hit SuperStore for groceries after 10am instead now.
Anyhow lots of new protocol there now compared to the changes last Sunday.
100 people in the store at a time. Wash stations in the entrance as with last week. Marker tape with arrows to walk you through your shopping with distancing marks all over to keep people safe.
Shout out to all the staff that make it all happen so we can get our food and whatever we need. To all the young people who keep coming to work there, way cool!
I'm thankful for community and my fellow neighbors who keep on keeping on during these difficult times. Kudos!

Last edited:
This is a hard and valuable exercise sometimes.
I'm thankful for my health and that of my family.
I'm thankful for the advantages and success I've had that have enabled a good environment and resources to carry my family through these times.
I'm thankful for the puppy that's keeping us all somewhat sane. I'm thankful that she survived her bout with Parvo before this all happened (she's vaccinated but hadn't completed the cycle when she contracted it).
I'm thankful to have the peaceful luxury of Bach playing on a high res stream in the background.
I'm thankful that my job and ability to support my family is thus far unimpacted.
I'm thankful for my family, full stop.

I'm thankful for everything I have, my job and the people that I care about.

It's all too easy to forget and take things or people for granted.

I'm grateful for my anxiety in these times, and for my lack of bravado - keeping me slightly safer.

I'm grateful to be offered a sabbatical so that I can hide away for a couple of weeks, and grateful for the measures my employers are driving, and for the job I have, which allows me to mostly work autonomously and alone, away from people.

And I'm grateful that this place is still here, still rockin, and that there are more positive subjects to be discussed.

Most of all I am grateful for the Off button on the TV (kidding)

I’m thankful for all the obvious ones. Health care workers to store clerks.

Also not to be forgotten are my local brewers who are safely distributing to the public from their loading docks.

My very generous boss who has continued to pay us full salaries even though he is not making any money. This keeps my finances ok but also keeps me from collecting unemployment when there are so many who need it.

But mostly I’m thankful for my family and my health. I’m recently getting over a year long fight with a stubborn cancer. I do not take my life for granted. I know how fleeting this can be. My greatest joy is sitting with my wife and children and I truly hope we all come through this with our health and the love of those around us.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.