Being Thankful

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Everything is all good, great food, the kids have managed to avoid decapitating each other for several weeks now.
I still have much more beer, and internet still works :D
First Crocus just sprouted up on the lawn today.

Edit:
Thankful for the nearby forest, here's a clip in case you need a short walk but you're stuck inside.
YouTube

Last edited:
We have had 56 deaths in Portsmouth UK out of a population of 200,000.

You can do the math and arrive at about 1-3% of us infected right now.

My COPD friend upstairs has been tested positive, but seems to be recovering nicely. He is doing a good job of disinfecting after using the bathroom, etc. Being an ex NHS lab worker he knows the drill.

I suspect it is important to get some regular exercise, and taking your Vitamins can't do any harm. Most of my friends are kinda old. The youngies of the family are working at home while their industries like house-building are shut down. Schooling at home too.

It's the boredom that is getting me. Can't go swimming. Can't go out for lunch. Can't travel. But I am ringing people to keep their and my own spirits up.

Happily the skies are clear, the air is good and the quietness is Bliss. We are creatures of kindness. Without that, there is nothing. :)

The most wonderful part of the lockdown is the bird-song that one does not hear much when life is going full tilt. The lack of pollution is the 2nd most wonderful thing. My only problem currently is that two of my HDDs are crashing. That's a minor problem though. Have 5 ext HDDs with backups.

I'm thankful that the problems this outbreak has caused me are primarily inconvenience.

I'm not struggling to pay rent.

I don't have to worry about my meals.

All of my loved ones are safe.

I'm not in a high-risk group for this disease.

I'm not in a current hot-spot.

I'm incredibly thankful for all of this and I sincerely hope I continue to be so lucky. Whenever I start to feel the whole woe-is-me-online-classes-are-awful, I remind myself that most people are nowhere near as fortunate.

To all the people who are less fortunate in these difficult times, my heart is out to you. Stay safe.

H713

Couple of days ago our secretary didn't come in to work. She's such a sweet gal, always smiling and laughing, and she does her job very well, a good and nice person.. Anyhow our boss mentioned she won't be in today because her 28 year old son died last night in a motorcycle accident. He was going way too fast, ran into the back of a transport rig and then another transport rig drove over the aftermath.

Dunno what I mean to be posting that other that I'm thankful my daughter of the same age is well and fine, and that somehow I made it out of my 20's..

Tracy our secretary is such a fine gal, and it's so sad that her world has just been turned upside down with the loss of her only son. RIP James.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.