If it's purely an engineering challenge why bother designing yet another DAC?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am

"I really do not care if anyone believes me"

Then why are you here, proclaiming your "findings" so loudly? Your attitude and behaviour say otherwise!

sharing my experiences for the benefit of others, that is all. I have no ego involvement in whether anyone believes me or not, and neither do I have any need for any kind of validation from others. I log off the Internet and my life is the same as it was before, regardless of what anyone on the Internet thinks. I have had experiences correlating lower phase noise clocks (measured) with listening experiences, and with having NDK clocks sorted by measuring them for phase noise, and I shared them here for those who might be interested, that is all.
What others do with that information is up to them, and makes no difference to me.

I am done with this discussion, perhaps we should get back to details of the AKM 4499? Can anyone describe the the actual pure DSD path of the chip, for example, it appears that a FIR filter is applied directly to the incoming DSD stream, and then it bypasses the rest of the processing of the chip, and goes straight to the switched resistor filter. What do people think about how this FIR filter is implemented here, anyone with any knowledge on this to share?

There is no way possible way to have "evidence" of subjective listening tests, so it is impossible to present anything more here.
OK, so the listening tests you did were subjective ones. That's what I was wondering about. Thanks for the clarification.

To anyone who has not done such tests, but just "believes" that the difference is inaudible, indeed they are just moving forward in ignorance, as their "belief" is not based on anything at all.
By the way, have you done an objective listening test? If you have not done such test but just believe that the difference is audible, indeed you are just moving forward in ignorance, as your belief is based on subjective listening test.

If others perform the same tests, and hear no difference, I have no problem with that, but just suggesting that there will be no difference, with no experiences whatsoever to back that up is nothing more than total speculation based on ignorance.
No audible difference that I brought up was the objective listening test results which you can look up online. There are many. It's not "nothing more than total speculation based on ignorance".

By the way, have you done an objective listening test? If you have not done such test but just believe that the difference is audible, indeed you are just moving forward in ignorance, as your belief is based on subjective listening test.

Reading comprehension EH. The 'if' you use in the 2nd sentence above doesn't apply in @barrows case as he didn't report his belief, rather his experience.

Meaning that it's unlikely audible. I've seen the results of objective DAC listening comparisons over the years and they have been consistently inaudible even between expensive DAC and cheap DAC.

Could you please cite these these tests ( of "objective DAC listening comparisons")?
I'm always interested to learn about well planned and executed listening experiments.

Thanks man, just trying to share. I have learned tons from other members, so if i have anything to offer which might be of interest, I am happy to contribute.
I am not interested in just repeating myself over and over, LOL, so no more responses from me on that "other stuff", life is too short to dragged into that nonsense.
I'm not trying to stop you from posting what you want. I was trying to get more info on what you posted and appreciated when you did clarify things.

What you labeled as nonsense happens to deal with audible traits of DAC. That is the core subject in audio electronics. Just because it doesn't suit your feelings doesn't mean it's nonsense. Keep reading about it and one day you may get the bigger picture and spend your (precious) time and money into audio components that really matter.

@evenharmonics. I find your tone disrespectful. You have no idea of my level of experience, but from your comments I do have an idea of yours. If this forum had an "ignore" feature, this is the time I would engage it for your posts, I have nothing to learn from you and all you are doing is wasting my time. i will not read any of your posts anymore, and will make no further responses to you.
Additionally, if it is your opinion that DACs do not make a difference to sound quality, it is quite unclear to me what you are doing in a thread about a relatively new, interesting, DAC chip, the only conclusion I can draw is that you have a lot of time on your hands, and like to hear yourself talk. I do not, and need to get back to work making audio products.

Last edited:
@evenharmonics. I find your tone disrespectful. You have no idea of my level of experience, but from your comments I do have an idea of yours. If this forum had an "ignore" feature, this is the time I would engage it for your posts, I have nothing to learn from you and all you are doing is wasting my time. i will not read any of your posts anymore, and will make no further responses to you.
Additionally, if it is your opinion that DACs do not make a difference to sound quality, it is quite unclear to me what you are doing in a thread about a relatively new, interesting, DAC chip, the only conclusion I can draw is that you have a lot of time on your hands, and like to hear yourself talk. I do not, and need to get back to work making audio products.
I was in your shoes once. I've wasted lots of time and money on audio components that have no audible benefit but made me think that they do (thanks to internet shills and snake oil vendors). Then I saw the bigger picture (thanks to objective listening tests) and rerouted whatever time and money I have left on speakers and room acoustics where it really matters for audible sound quality.

I was in your shoes once.

No, you were never in his shoes.

Sonore

I love the 4x4 "Gen 2" Cables, Ultra-Pure OHNO Continuous Cast Copper for the meager price of $1970/3ft.

The Power Cable with Dual Shield, strategically placed ferrite rings, filtering on all three legs, featuring copper blades plated with rhodium over silver for $800/2.5m is also not too bad.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.