Very soon, a person won’t be able to take a step without scanning his face & finger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Data privacy is a huge concern indeed with the digitalization of the world. lots of data are being accumulated whenever you interact with a machine. nature of interaction, time, frequency, place, etc. In an ideal world where everybody is is symbiotic to each other, it can work no problem and it's convenient. But the nature of closed perimeter living units that we are, with the difference in information we possess, mood and emotions, culture etc, it is normal for citizen to have an eye on this, because data can be copied in a fraction of a second, especially with quantum computers becoming reality, unlike cards and paperwork, also on the horizon is the data on your instant medical condition that could be taken regularly.

There is not need to «panic» about it IMO, but there are indeed security concerns that are legitimate. Each «era» it's concerns and promises, i would say....

Aha, it must be that the transport authority knows that it's service/RFID cards can be hacked........why else would they insist that the complete card be shown ?.
Remember Sat TV hacked smart cards, if word got out that an implanted chip will give you free public transport everybody would be doing it.

Yes, it has been done long ago even on a lower Tech era.

Remember visiting Paris in ´86 and breaking news was their public transport "Carte Orange".
You loaded it with, say, the equivalent of 20 or 40 trips, refilled when empty.
Active element was a strip of magnetic material.

In no time Students copied it onto cassette tape :eek: which they cut and glued to plain cardboard rectangles ... instant bliss ;)

System collapsed when "exact same user" was present, in hordes, at every Metro station in the City at the same time :D

Yes, it has been done long ago even on a lower Tech era.

Remember visiting Paris in ´86 and breaking news was their public transport "Carte Orange".

In no time Students copied it onto cassette tape :eek: which they cut and glued to plain cardboard rectangles ... instant bliss ;)

System collapsed when "exact same user" was present, in hordes, at every Metro station in the City at the same time :D

I don't remember that or I didn't find out, can I search on google without getting paranoid ?

:cool::D

I come from Cumbria, England where the men are men and the sheep are scared.

Around here, in Salta, Argentina, a man from that province told me that the good thing about the llamas is that they are at the right height and that the accommodation is also hotter than that of a woman ...

:cool::D

Attachments

• descarga.jpg
    descarga.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 85
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member

Actually, no. The Carte Orange was a monthly fee for all you wanted to ride (within the zones purchased). The Carte Orange wasn't rechargeable, you bought a new one every month. There might have been other cards that could be recharged, similar to the telephone card with a chip. I never had one. London had cards that were trip specific.

I can't imagine that the Carte Orange had any unique identifiers. It simply needed the month and zones in which it was valid.

Don't remember anything about that system crash. Which is strange, because I was riding the Metro several times a day in 1986.

Data privacy is a huge concern indeed with the digitalization of the world....it is normal for citizen to have an eye on this,
because data can be copied in a fraction of a second, especially with quantum computers becoming reality..

Quantum computers are reality You can use them on line by now D-Wave Systems
See who are on this hi-tech company " official sponsors " list :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.