If you use this filth brand...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So every team in spain and germany uses Adidas?

Spoiler alert: They don't List of Nike sponsorships - Wikipedia
He didn´t say so , please do not twist his words.
He specifically mentioned
Football selections of Spain and Germany for example.
and that means each National Team , not lesser local Clubs.

You link to a Nike Ad which contradicts you, since it does NOT say Spain or Germany use Nike as you are hinting at.

Can you find Spain or Germany in this list?
National teams
Europe

Azerbaijan
Croatia[18]
England
Estonia
Finland[25]
France[18]
Greece[26]
Netherlands[18]
Norway
Poland[27]
Portugal[18]
Slovakia
Slovenia
Turkey
I can´t.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I used the word "filth" because google translator said me as a translation for "porquería" in Spanish....

My Search, like your image, shows six different possible words.

Filth, muck, dirt are dirty, messy. Those shoes are clean.

Rubbish is clean but no-good trash. Paper, cloth rags, wood scraps. This would be appropriate in American English. Certainly the one shoe is now rubbish. (Actually he could auction it off as the most famous single shoe of recent history...)

Bu11$hit is an offensive word (probably censored here). It would be a very strong insult to the shoes. (On the other hand, Paul Klipsch had an offensive button....)

Piggery, I had to check what it is. A place to keep pigs. Or acting like a pig in a piggery. Pigs won't fit in shoes. Does not make sense in English.

Last edited:
Crocs are well known for giving you stink foot. Maybe something about the rubber. I just wear good quality flip-fops if I can, or leather shoes at work. No "tennis shoes" for me.

They're EVA (Ethyl vinyl acetate), which is why they're cushy. Smells like acetic acid as it cures, for obvious reasons. :) So not really a rubber, but I'm being pedantic.

I live in Nike town, but funny enough, Adidas's US HQ is across the river from downtown Portland. In any case, my dad retired from one of these and we were discussing that something went oddly wrong with the glue to shear like that at the upper/lower joint. Usually it's the tread that delaminates. Bad news bears, but pretty well requires a freak set of circumstances to fail in that mode (versus noticing the delamination and getting new shoes).

Honestly all the major manufacturers are fungible. Loyalties here are akin to the "Calvin ******* on whatever brad your truck isn't" stickers. Yawn.

(With the exception of there being a general "fit" to different brands, which obviously matters)

Last edited:
Joined 2014
Paid Member
He didn´t say so , please do not twist his words.
He specifically mentioned and that means each National Team , not lesser local Clubs.

Well that got horribly lost in translation. When angry ranting you have to be either totally accurate, or totally incoherent. A mix confuses everyone

You link to a Nike Ad which contradicts you, since it does NOT say Spain or Germany use Nike as you are hinting at.

Can you find Spain or Germany in this list?

I can´t.
Scroll down the article and read perhaps. There are 6 Spanish and 8 German teams who use Nike. So is a player for those not a true sportman?

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Smells like acetic acid as it cures, for obvious reasons. :) So not really a rubber, but I'm being pedantic.
Ah ha. Thanks for that. Not knowing what they are made of "rubber" was the only word I could come up with. Beyond "Plastic" "Rubber" and the now popular "Gel" we don't have many good common words to label synthetic flexible things, do we?

@PRR: here, almost in Argentina, we refer to "Porquería" to anything that is low quality, useless, unusable, ugly, unpleasant, etc. and is a word accepted by the Real Academia. Here particularly in Argentina, we use some words locally elaborated, mainly from the mix with Italian, contained in a local language (As I believe has happen in many town around the world that has received immigration) known like the Lunfardo. From it, some other word that in the true Spanish has no sense or a very different from its origin.

I can define them as "berreta", "trucho", "choto" and many other synonyms that Google translator surely can't translate them properly. So I apologize by the misconcepts writen below.

I believe has happen in many town around the world that has received immigration

I grew up in Miami Florida where Spanish was often more common than English. There are plenty of immigrants from several countries that speak slightly different versions of Spanish, primarily Cuba, Puerto Rico, and Mexico.

Then there is technology that simply didn't exist when Cuba was suspended in time due to the revolution in 1959. English words that didn't exist in 1959 were morphed into Spanish like words.....Stereo became estereo......These all blended together in Miami to create what we called Spanglish.

Still the words some in Miami would use here are basura (trash), or mierda (crap, $hit).

Exacly. Here, in some places it is also spoken some kind of Spanglish because although most of us use Spanish in the normal language and it is the official language, it is in some places considered "berreta" (lowe quality) respect to English, including who use English words without knowing the real meaning or ignoring it meaning at all. Possibly I am one of them.

So, we have concluded the quality of the footwear is ever decreasing, no? I remember one pair of Nike sneakers I used to wear for a couple of years 20 years ago, boy no matter how many times I put these into a washing machine, the black color would not fade, unbelievable.

edit: The Siemens dishwasher in our possession for the last 30 years is still cheerfully working without any service being done yet, so far. And the Miele washing machine from 1995 still without a fault working flawlessly, I have exchanged 1 set of suspension only to this day. It has got over 10,000 work hours.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.