Whats the LAST movie you have watched?

Excuse me, but I have no recall whatsoever about Meryl Streep playing a part in the Cider House Rules:

The Cider House Rules | Official Trailer (HD) - Charlize Theron, Tobey Maguire, Paul Rudd | MIRAMAX - YouTube

Much prefer her much more interesting role in "Bridges of Madison County."

Meryl Streep - Making of "The Bridges of Madison County" - YouTube

I always found Clint Eastwood very enigmatic. Never quite figured out who he was. I think he is an extremely damaged individual. But has made a magnificent contribution to movies. I have never watched one of his that I didn't enjoy.

My nephew is always telling me to buy Netflix. :)

Truthfully I have current bandwidth limitations. 100 GB a month.

But we had a great time at the Sherlock Holmes Museum back in February. TBH, I thought it was a bit overpriced at £15 a head. But I have a deep wallet so just digged in.

Sherlock Holmes Museum - Wikipedia

But the very sinister waxwork of Moriarty and the Aspidistra plant on the staircase were priceless. :D

Excuse me, but I have no recall whatsoever about Meryl Streep playing a part in the Cider House Rules:

The Cider House Rules | Official Trailer (HD) - Charlize Theron, Tobey Maguire, Paul Rudd | MIRAMAX - YouTube

Much prefer her much more interesting role in "Bridges of Madison County."

Meryl Streep - Making of "The Bridges of Madison County" - YouTube

I always found Clint Eastwood very enigmatic. Never quite figured out who he was. I think he is an extremely damaged individual. But has made a magnificent contribution to movies. I have never watched one of his that I didn't enjoy.

The point was they both can act but MS can't compete with CT in looks.

Clint Eastwood is my favorite actor of all time going back to the spaghetti westerns, Dirty Harry, Bronco Billy, Philo Beddeo, etc.

Sherlock Holmes is just a fun bit of ancient history. Baker Street is still a favourite destination of mine. Even stilll maintain a Bank there.

I was slightly shocked when I watched The Blind Side. What you done to your face, Sandra? Botox and Plastic Surgery, I suspect. :confused:

Nevertheless, the Film was intense. The Baltimore Ravens are my second-choice NFL team. I watched Michael Oher play so many times. Who could not enjoy the brutal regular Steelers versus The Ravens game. So I guess the whole thing was true at some level. :)

It comes back to me what Hollywood's remake of Seven Samurai was called:

The Magnificent Seven - Wikipedia

Why does Hollywood feel the need to remake masterpieces of World cinema? Are American audiences incapable of reading subtitles?

I'll probably have a job finding Always Sanchōme no Yūhi - Wikipedia.

Discussion of Actor Toshiro Mifune and Director Akira Kurosawa is fascinating.

Kurosawa's Way - Wikipedia

Hugely influential. Takes you out of your box and comfort zone. And into another bigger and less comfortable one. Which is a good thing, IMO. This is growth.

Most shocking film I saw just before Lockdown was the Korean film Parasite. I was rocked back into my seat at how innocuous events can lead to Bloody Mayhem. :eek:

Last edited: