Whats the LAST movie you have watched?

The Gilbert Grape was one of my collectors' items (but don't forget that Depp is a great actor). But I think DiCaprio is rather over-acting in his movies after he became an adult. I was surprised that he was I think the main actor in the Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (OUTH) and not Brad Pitt, while I used to think DiCaprio is a Brad Pitt wannabee. DiCaprio is always tried very hard to look charismatic in a movie while Brad Pitt is I believe more charismatic in real life...

I watched OUTH and then got bored. May be I will watch it again when I have no other options, because there are a lot of great stars especially Al Pacino there so how can it be bad? But the fact that I abandoned watching the movie should prove that it is not good enough...

The only cool part that I remember is when Brad Pitt went 'home' and interacted with his bulldog.

Crawl...

Attachments

• crawl.jpg
    crawl.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 151
‘Echo in the Canyon’

Documentary on Netflix with Jakob Dylan about beginnings of the California sound , the Byrds,Beach boys, Buffalo Springfield, mamas and the papas....etc.

Very well put together

Thanks for the tip - I caught this one about a week ago and enjoyed it immensely.
Jakob is quite talented and his reverence for the history of the west coast sound is hard to miss.

OK - I have to "fess-up"::cheeky:

I'm 54, I have NO kids, and I watched "Despicable Me" the other night.
Hey, it was cute, and good for a few laughs

(Plus being an "officially trained" Enginerd [and Sailor] - I could FINISH Vector's tag-line even before HE did...
you know - the part about having "Both Direction AND __________"):razz::razz:

To which my loving spouse groaned, "You're SUCH a Geek!...."

Last edited:
OK - I have to "fess-up"::cheeky:

I'm 54, I have NO kids, and I watched "Despicable Me" the other night.
Hey, it was cute, and good for a few laughs

(Plus being an "officially trained" Enginerd [and Sailor] - I could FINISH Vector's tag-line even before HE did...
you know - the part about having "Both Direction AND __________"):razz::razz:

To which my loving spouse groaned, "You're SUCH a Geek!...."

I'm 50 and I think I have watched all 3 Despicable Me movies. My wife calls me a nerd all the time!

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Enjoyed Ford v Ferrari this weekend. Where did they get all of those vintage race cars? CGI?

When the Ford team arrives at Le Mans and sees the gorgeous Ferrari, they say "Well if this is a beauty contest, we just lost!" and I agree.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Ferrari-330p3-2.jpg
    Ferrari-330p3-2.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
Yeah - The GT40 was ALL about "Form follows FUNCTION" and there's a simple elegance in that.

I like how one of them had the "Gurney Bubble" in the top section of the door that fit-into a cutout in the roofline. (Dan Gurney was abnormally tall for a race car driver of that era - they had to create a little extra room to accommodate the top of his required helmet.)

The Gurney Bubble and Gurney's Bubbly - The Truth About Cars