Whats the LAST movie you have watched?

Very-very close portraits, camera work is horrible, that always-needs-to-shake-effect doesn't add to the tension during the film while it only make people seasick or similar.

Film grain is waaay too much, I like the grain in Christopher Nolan films but not here. They probably wanted to be authentic but hey, it's 2018 .. The whole movie has a documentary style video.. like something done with an old handycam.

Portrayal of Neil's "soul" is okay, characters are pretty good, Gosling is actually playing excellent, great job showing a bit of Neil's personality. And I think that's the only thing I can remember as positive from the movie.

Kid's behavior - insane. If that would have been my child in reality, omg..

Cuts are just not at the right time. When you slowly-painfully but getting into the mood of a scene, despite shaky camera and not-that-good-fitting music it's already cut and next scene comes with a completely different taste. You simply cannot sink into the athmosphere of the movie or better said, into those 60s.

Music. Come oooon. Very simple.. a few times fitting into the scene but mostly not and it's also very predictable - which means "boring" in a diplomatic way.

Effects like entering the atmosphere, launches, etc.. were despite wannabe-real pretty unreal for me.

And all this needed that insane amount of time.. 141 minutes.. ?

It's nowhere to Interstellar, to 2001 Space Odyssey or even to another historical drama made onto film, Dunkirk.

Such a colossal move of mankind should have been in the hands of the aforementioned C. Nolan at least.

And with all that said, the main producer is Spielberg. Well, big name, but I don't think he deserves that big name when I have a look at his movies. Anyway, I wasn't disappointed that much seeing this fact at the end 'cause he was never my favourite.

Anyway.. this is just 1 opinion.. you asked. :)

Last edited:
Bad times at the El Royale.
Deliberately didn't seek to know much about it before viewing. Always admired Jeff Bridges. (Not overly impressed with him in this film.) Interesting movie. It kept my interest. Enough believable plot twists to engage without feeling I was being manipulated or 'conned'. Some scenes were a bit over long.....that may be just me as its a common reaction to a number of movies I've seen recently.

airline travel is good for something?

Thanks to a recent round trip to Bermuda, I had opportunity to catch a couple of fairly recent flicks that were story rich enough that shrunk to the teeny little seat back screen they didn’t suffer all that much.
“The Post” - I loved it
“The Death of Stalin” - I loved it even more - outstanding ensemble performance and script. Perhaps an almost Keystone cops slant on the bumbling infighting amongst the parasitic cronies of Comrade Joseph immediately following his death. The two standout performances for me were Steve Buscemi and Jason Isaacs.

I know halloween is far, far ahead, but.....what the heck:

Hellraiser (1987)

For a 1 million dollars budget movie, it is actually captivating and haunting , depending on your sensibility of course...

i actually think it would have had a much greater audience and acclaim with better acting...say with Tom Cruise or something like that :D

Yup, certainly a monumental piece of film making - I can remember being blown away by it and Lawrence of Arabia on the then largest screen in town - 70mm Panavision / CinemaScope and multichannel stereo
Historical inaccuracies aside, I think these are two of the greatest pieces of film-making of all time, and I was blessed to see them presented as originally intended.