Eboink Venting!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just a venting going on here.

Picked up a HK AVR 645. Pretty cheap. Listing stated (item powers up, no farther testing was done). Fine! Received it, it powers up alright, just the display with all icons lit! NOT operational!

Deep breath, lets open it up and do surgery.

Received AVR with NO remote. Now granted, the listing didnt say included remote. Ok.. another deep breath,,,, Lets find a remote. Nope!.. Nothing in the Whole Wide Web!

Next thing I know, a couple days go buy and WHAMMOO!!,, the matching remote pops up on Ebay. UNDER THE SAME LISTING/SELLER I BOUGHT THE AVR FROM!!!!!

Now this seller is NOT an electronics seller, just a "nonprofit orginazation" that sells random things for "charity".

What gives?????!!!

I just emailed the seller, asking if I may please have the MATCHING remote.

Sorry,,, had to vent.

Responce back:

Good afternoon,
I'm sorry but this item does not come with a remote.

Well DUHHHH!!!

Assuming they just did NOT have the remote!!

I guess "legally", they dont have to disclose wether it comes with a remote or not, but seriously?

They had the ONLY remote for the ONLY HK 645 in their stock and they dont include it or say "remote sold separately"???

Even manufactures say "batteries not included"

When I received the AVR and noticed there was no remote, I just said.. "ah well let me go find one". Not expecting to find it from the same seller...lol...geezzz

I guess that's what I get for assuming.

yer experiencing buyers remorse

no matter how bad you want it or how nice they seem , I always assume the seller has bad intent going into any deal.
negotiating any missing items and blemishes right away, I'll always knock off their price, double or triple the cost of all repairs or parts replacements, and stick to my guns. If you don't have any data or knowledge on the market or cost for RR beforehand , walk away and get it.

I expect the market for AVR boxes is pennies on the dollar. unless they are very special

Last edited:
yer experiencing buyers remorse

Oh not remorse. The price I paid for the unit. And the pennies it cost to repair, the deal was too good to pass up. I came out way ahead.

The remote situation, is....for better words,, a little frustrating.

Now they have a remote in stock that goes to nothing. When it could have been paired with the only unit they had.

I even offered to pay separately for the remote. But it seems they want it to ride on a 6 day listing with no buy now.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.