A question to older guys from Europe / Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

Now exactly 53 years have passed since the russians have done their 50Mtons bomb over north siberian island. Within 10 microseconds about 200 x 10^15 J of energy was released (about 2 x 10^22W, or 1/20000th of the sun power). It is reported that in scandinavia, about 1000km away, some windows broke. Does anybody remember that day, must have been around noon - how was it experienced in Europe / northern Russia. I think the wave must have been felt / heard over most of europe, right?

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
What was the point?

life is fleeting and what matters today or then is mostly just stupidity of people full of there own self importance.

Look what the human race can do...in the future when the sun dies I wonder how many will think this was cleaver.

There are times when evil takes position of people without their knowledge.
We seem to need self protection, probably because we haven't grown up yet!

Tsar Bomba-- 50 Megaton Russian Hydrogen Nuclear Bomb Detonation - YouTube

With great power comes great responsibility..I find it quite amusing..how can you be frightened of something so final..(a million ways to die and only one way to live!)
I feel sorry for the other life on the planet they don't deserve their self made infantile gods.

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
More important to ask oneself - should evil be let to prevail or should it be exterminated when found?
I would pledge for - let us take care of it now wherever it shows its ugly face. For the sake of coming generations to whom we owe a better world as we inherited one from our parents. That is the natural way, the good way, the way evil does not comply with...

As an answer to the original question - I was 1y at the time... at maybe 850 clicks from detonation. I can't recall any tells of the occation that something strange happened at the time.
But then again - how long does people keep telling stories about things that hurt or frighten. When evil is gone - keep it locked and weaken its followers...

Regards

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
More important to ask oneself - should evil be let to prevail or should it be exterminated when found?

As an answer to the original question - I was 1y at the time... at maybe 850 clicks from detonation. I can't recall any tells of the occation that something strange happened at the time.
But then again - how long does people keep telling stories about things that hurt or frighten. When evil is gone - keep it locked.

Regards

That's an interesting question...I wonder if we will ever make it to being able to live together.

How to control Evil without becoming what you are trying to destroy.

Some would say that is the nature of existence wherever there is light there will be shadow..

It would seem that when the universe began ...we saw the light..now we know there is 80% we cant see.

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
M. Gregg, ask your hearth - not your mind or your churches head...
Either one supports peace, goodness in a free world or one doesn't and believes that power is to be executed at the top falling down the ranks - ask your hearth and move to the side you belong to.

I'll say let's take care of evil now and exterminate it once and for all - for that cause I can close my eyes and pick up the sword - and become what I didn't wish.

Regards

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Either one supports peace, goodness in a free world
That would always be the case,

When Good and Evil are in conflict..you have to become the instrument of your belief.

However you would hope we can go beyond this or I think our future is limited. (Perhaps its time to evolve)

It would be so terrible to see this world destroyed by mankind.

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
You haven't seen terror yet... Just let it thrive at will a bit further gaining strenght from tax free donations, warriors travelin in the name of a free world going to personal wars in the form of leisure turism - probably getting tax funds. Mankind will destroy this blue, wonderful planet whenever they see a chance to control others or if they fear they will never get the chance... Our beloved leaders gets their kicks out of it - better than any drug so far.

Regards

:) We older folks go astray to the kernel very fast as there are more accute things to take care of in the short term anyway. Historical events are interesting if the can help to solve todays problems - othervise they belong to archealogy (misspelt im sure of :) )...

Take care of todays burning problems whatever the topic is and then be mused...

Regards

Last edited:
lol, so much guys here. no real answer despite maybe several million people being somehow affected by the wave. to make it clear: i consider this testing during the sixties as acts of cold war on both sides. i am not interested or invested into the highly corrupt military industrial complex at all. i do not like the idea of polluting the planet with cancerous radionuclids. would not be a good present to our children. but i am definitely interested in things like pressure waves, explosions etc. since exactly the millisecond when my chemistry teacher showed me some drop of glycerinoidtrinitrat exploding under a hammer thrown on a metal desk.
btw, yes i openly admit to having done some small bomb testing somewhere in the woods during my youth..... but i still have all my body parts lol and no, i am not a terrorist plotting to fusion nuke some city.

so last post for today. since the sixties there has been some engineering advancement. scientists nowadays can ignite hydrogen fusion by laser. based on this, a 100% clean hydrogen based chain reaction power device could may be built without any dirty fission. right? so maybe mankind could even use this for geological engineering , if there is a quick need to move some mountains or the like....

and who is to say what is evil and what is good? are you going to base your call on the history? and please do not tell me the one they thought you in school, i.e. the "popular" version for the masses. you believed it all, right? you could not wait for the "Untold history ..." by Oliver Stone to help you understand the tip of the iceberg.

anyways, not to add to the topic: politics, religion, etc. are not allowed on this forum. I am reporting the thread to the moderators. let them figure out if this topic merits further discussion, (because i can see how it could quickly evolve into less than a benign exchange of experiences and/or opinions).

Last edited:
I heard the Mt St Helen explosion and I'm hundreds of miles away from there.

I would imagine the folk who heard that detonation you ask about didn't say much, if anything, at the time if they thought it was man made. I'm sure discussion would not have been appreciated.

Such an event might well have been thought of as a weather phenomenon. At a large distance the sound is very low frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.