The Roots

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i am very curious to know what peoples first experiance "playing" wih speakers is.....

heres mine...
when i was 13 i got a pair of black chipboard speakers with 8inch drivers, and a single kef speaker.
my friend blew the woofer in the kef speaker

so i literaly chopped one of the boxes in half and screwed it to the other one and put the tweeter in the remaining tweeter hole

http://postimage.org/image/jua5ab97f/bc5a8d9d/

it had left channel treble and a right box with no seal that was too small, and the whole thing was full of holes but i loved it at the time,
i finished it with a handle made from more junk:D

Last edited:
My first attempt at a speaker box was a 4 by 12 inch cabinet for a disco.
Luckily I realised quickly that it would be too big for the car.
So I split into 2 off 2 by 12inch speaker cabinets.
I used 50 watt Fane speakers from Maplin.
They were remarkably loud for 50 watt speakers and worked well in a disco application.

I used a Maplin 225WRMS bipolar amp kit with them.

My first experiment with speaker was connecting bicycle headlight dynamo to the 4" speaker I took from dead radio. I could ride with sound, like motorcycle, no, it sounded like a truck! :D

I used to be quite curious and inventive kid. If I did not have something I wanted I always figured out how to make it, or at least imitate. May be because I was not strong enough to take it by force from other kids. :D

Last edited:
Dunno...whazzat ? A grill ? To protect from the dust..and whatever .
hey ! tweeter's broken ! No highs ...Hmmm too much volume , and distortion .
Hey ! Foam's rotten ! Why ? Some glue ? don't work !
maybe new cones ...what ? 4 Ω .ok , gimme 4Ω and ...tweeters !! Domes ...silk ,yes !! And...what's this ? shiny copper , capacitors ..probably it splits the band . And those midrange AHHHhhhhh fallen on the front , one broken .
Why aren't available those cute black screws ? I want'em !!
Hmmm , this sounds nice . This cheap poly cap is far better than this cheap NP,
in this position . :p

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.