Are you really interested in 'Hi-Fi'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You stated, " - were not the foundation of audio development.". I asked you which audio development.

And the answer was "..the whole chain"

When DF96 brought up "comparing real with reproduced" on post #948, you replied "And still there is no evidence provided that those experiments were done." on post #1182. Comparing real with reproduced were done multiple times. Having trouble with English?

See above.

Having trouble with English? For sure.... :)

But anyway ; as said before you should not confuse entertaining public demonstrations with experiments that were done to develop the specifications needed for high quality reproduction; which was the point we were discussing.

Please read some articles about those public demonstrations and you´ll understand.

Nobody is breaking any rules, please continue your discussion.

So, forging quotes is okay by the rules?

In this post that's exactly what happened:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/lounge/204456-you-really-interested-hi-fi-100.html#post4955510

In the following reply, I showed him where the quote was actually taken from and he continued with the falsehood.

The games continue here:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/lounge/204456-you-really-interested-hi-fi-102.html

So, 6L6, my friend, if that sort of thing is okay, then do I have your permission to play the same trick on you?

You can probably see things are going to deteriorate here very quickly once this starts. And, I don't think you will like the trick if you decide to give permission.

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
:cop:

So, forging quotes is okay by the rules?

In this post that's exactly what happened:

Mark, the above are 'quotes' as we see them and as are directly referred to in the rules and yes, we take a very dim view of anyone altering the contents to change the meaning.

Slightly different I think to what has gone on here where the material basing a reply has been attributed to the wrong person. That can happen by accident, but what is not accidental is when the perpetrator gets called out on it publicly and refuses to acknowledge their error. More than that they use it as an excuse to add further insult.

Those responsible know who you are !

If any such misrepresentation happens in future then report the post at the time and let the Moderation Team take a look.

Thanks for your understanding.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Blimey, its all kicked off today.

Mark: why do you so want to be hall monitor in the lounge? It's an honest question as this thread seems to be affecting you badly. In the last day (at least UK time) you've started off with diagnosing a personality disorder and ended with nearly threatening a moderator.

Time to chill. I used to get very het up till I discovered the ignore button.

Also I must add that I am a huge fan of the way the moderators handle things here. All the ones I have spoken to (and I have gotten into my fair share of trouble) are really nice guys even when powered up and I really appreciate the light touch they have. On the 2 occasions I have had to use the report post button my observation has been handled rapidly.

You have good input to give, which is far more valuable than worrying about the squabbles that always break out in lounge threads.

Bill, Thanks. Wise advice. Um, guess I would say that I prefer not to see too much heavy handed police action, and would hope the members could be more or mostly self-moderating. It's usually better that way for everyone when it works.

However, there are a very few people who are not amenable to any kind of reason. In this case, I was waiting see if it was just someone taking a particular dislike to me, which I can handle, or if it was something more insidious. When I see other well meaning members get bullied and insulted by somebody who is well practiced at it, I wonder why is that. Eventually, it became more clear, and so here we are. Any more of it and the moderators will be the appropriate persons to deal with it.

Bill, Thanks. Wise advice. Um, guess I would say that I prefer not to see too much heavy handed police action, and would hope the members could be more or mostly self-moderating. It's usually better that way for everyone when it works.

However, there are a very few people who are not amenable to any kind of reason. In this case, I was waiting see if it was just someone taking a particular dislike to me, which I can handle, or if it was something more insidious. When I see other well meaning members get bullied and insulted by somebody who is well practiced at it, I wonder why is that. Eventually, it became more clear, and so here we are. Any more of it and the moderators will be the appropriate persons to deal with it.
You have posted a lot today, perhaps it is time for some fresh air?

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Mark: There are always one or two. Sometimes that is all they come here for, sometimes they've just had a bad day and are letting off steam. As it takes 2 people to have an argument it's best to leave them. I used to pile in and get all riled.

Right off to find where the Metcal is stashed. I'm going to do what I promised the wife I wouldn't anymore and mend a freebie USB stick where one of the joints on the connector has broken :)

It seems to be your take on "alternative facts". ;)
Your remark was irrelevant to the topic at hand then and it is still yet...
I responded to your post (which you decided to write).
"imo didn´t notice that we were discussing the whole chain including loudspeakers, room and listener." and your excuse for that was, "You joined the discussion a bit late and therefore". Those in quotes are in fact your words.

You should read the books. At the end you´ll know that it were/are hundreds of experiments.

Btw, what you´ve wrote is a classical "non sequitur", so i add a third book to the short list; reading that too will help you:

Partick Hurley; A Concise Introduction to Logic.
As I already pointed out on post #1243, you didn't have info on "When, where and who's done those experiments" offhand when you wrote" those experiment were commonly done with artificial stimuli". I've been describing the events in case you aren't clear.

And the answer was "..the whole chain"
There is no comparing real with reproduced sound in the foundation of audio development for industrial equipment (re: post #1200), right. As for sound reproduction industry, there are comparisons of real with reproduced sound if the designers want to know how well it reproduces. I brought this up way back on post #778.

But anyway ; as said before you should not confuse entertaining public demonstrations with experiments that were done to develop the specifications needed for high quality reproduction; which was the point we were discussing.

Please read some articles about those public demonstrations and you´ll understand.
It's not the comparison of live sound vs. reproduced? It wasn't the first beta test the article is referring to. Companies do their own before demonstrating in public. Besides, live vs. reproduced sound comparisons are being done all the time in sound reproduction industry. Just because they aren't published or done as public demonstration doesn't mean you should think "there is no evidence provided that those experiments were done". Again, post #778.

Status
Not open for further replies.