Ebay high volume buyer?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just noticed something curious about an ebay user that made a purchase from me.....

This user has a buyer feedback count of nearly 14000 and a seller feedback count of 0. They've received 4400 buyer feedbacks this month alone. The items purchased are completely random; pretty much any and everything.

They're apparantly a LLC. I'm just curious what type of company buys thousands of random items on ebay? :confused:

I think I figured it out.....

The seller runs a .ru website for Russians to purchase things from American websites. Kind of like a Taobao agent, if anyone is familiar with that.

I kind of feel sorry for the poor Russian that used their site though. The item they purchased had $1.99 international shipping from me, and I'm sure this 3rd party site charges a premium considering they have to re-ship it to the client in Russia.

If you ship to Russia it ain't cheap. A consolidator will buy a bunch of stuff and have it shipped by container for about 3% of what it would cost one at a time. So they probably have a web site, take the orders, buy it where it's cheap, pack it up, bribe a customs official and do quite well!

If you ship to Russia it ain't cheap. A consolidator will buy a bunch of stuff and have it shipped by container for about 3% of what it would cost one at a time. So they probably have a web site, take the orders, buy it where it's cheap, pack it up, bribe a customs official and do quite well!

The cost of bribing corrupt customs officials aside; First Class Airmail for the 25g package to anywhere in the world is only around $1.75.

I sold an ARC amplifier on eBay that was bought by a buyer in LA with 7,000+ purchases and a 100% positive rating...the ship-to was a different person/address also in the LA area. It appeared that the buyer was acting as an agent for people who wanted someone else to handle the eBay hassles for (presumably) a fee.

If it shows up! I don't want to get into how much small stuff never arrives and you have to refund everything and still pay the eBay fees.

I've had pretty decent luck with overseas packages getting to their destination. Out of probably >200 I've mailed so far I have only had two not get delivered and one of those ended up getting returned to me. $13 lost, no big deal. They were all small padded envelopes containing IC's.

BTW, I never really appreciated how simple US addresses are until I started mailing overseas. Some countries have absurdly long addresses. Recently sent one to Mexico and had to research how to abbreviate some of the address just so it would fit on the label.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.